AP Arts Director
- Deborah has been associated with the O'Donnell Foundation and AP Strategies™ since 1997 and became the APS Arts Director in July 2006. She has taught Pre-AP® Art II, AP® Drawing, 2-D Design, and Art History and served for five years as a Studio Art College Board AP® exam reader.
- Ms. Moore earned a Masters in Educational Leadership at SMU in 2011. She has 21 years of teaching experience in three Texas school districts: Houston ISD, Wharton ISD, and Plano ISD. While teaching in Plano ISD, Deborah served in various roles of leadership: fine arts department chair, art department team leader, facilitator for the teacher mentor program, member of three schools' Site Based Improvement Committee, East Cluster art team leader and PISD high school art team leader.
- As an active member of Texas Art Education Association and the National Art Education Association, Deborah has presented at both state and national levels. She has served as the Region 10 Director in the TAEA Visual Arts Scholastic Event and won the TAEA National Art Honor Society Sponsor award.
- In 2002, Deborah was one of 100 teachers across the United States to be selected as a scholarship recipient of the School of the Art Institute of Chicago's Teacher Institute in Contemporary Art (TICA) sponsored by the National Endowment for the Arts.
- Ms. Moore's art students have received numerous awards on both the national and state level including: National Foundation of Advancement of the Arts National Merit Award; Scholastic Arts and Writing National Silver Portfolio and Gold Key Award; TAEA Youth Art Month State Capital Finalist, Governor's Award and State VASE Gold Seal Award; U.S. Congressional Art Capitol Exhibition Award; Texas Commission on the Arts Young Masters Scholarship Award.
- Email Deborah Moore
AP Arts Assistant Director
- Melissa joined AP Strategies™ in July of 2012. She received her B.A. in Art History and Business Administration from Baylor University and is a 2011 graduate from TCU with an M.A. in Art History. Melissa has held internships with the education departments at both the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth and the Sid Richardson Museum. Most recently, she was the 2011-2012 McDermott Graduate Curatorial Intern for Contemporary Art at the Dallas Museum of Art.
- Email Melissa Barry